I meant to write this on the day of the solstice on June 21st, but it just didn’t get done. Summer so far has proven to feel busier than usual, with trying to get various work projects off the ground, getting Mateo and Nico to their various camps each morning, Jude to preschool, and Matt away working quite a bit. There have been a few days here and there when we have been able to slow it down like we’re supposed to. There is a plan to slow it all down in the next few weeks.
Here’s some of what we’re enjoying in the meantime:
1. Finding the beach again. Although it’s so close to us, and we often walk along it, we haven’t immersed ourselves in quite a while. The sun and salt on the skin .
2. Enjoying and celebrating Father’s Day with the most incredible man, the best example I know of what a father truly can be.
3. Watching this boy leave boyhood behind by little bits each day.
4. Living room jam sessions. Sometimes the percussionist doesn’t always like the direction the band is going.
5. Trying to capture Jude’s silliness. You have to be quick.
6. Exploring our favorite museums. The Annenberg Space for Photography has a fascinating exhibit on emerging photographers that each of us loved. The Hammer, Moca, LACMA, and Getty are also on the list.
7. The first tomato out of our garden. The first of many (maybe too many) to come. Canned marinara sauce?
8. I’m loving the documentary explosion happening at the moment. The Wolfpack; What Happened, Miss Simone; 3-1/2 Minutes, 10 Bullets; Fresh Dressed; Amy; Cartel Land. Good stuff.
9. These Black Crane overalls, that I don’t want to take off.
10. This album that is currently on repeat, and counting the days until Tame Impala’s Currents comes out next month.